President Donald Trump said over the weekend there are lots of potential buyers and said he'd like to keep the app alive. The administration has set an April 5 deadline for the app to be banned if it is not sold by it's Chinese-owned parent company, ByteDance.
President Trump was briefed Wednesday on a framework to keep the video-sharing app operational.
TikTok, owned by the Chinese company ByteDance, has been at the center of controversy in the U.S. for four years now due to concerns about user data As TikTok's future remains uncertain, a number of prominent moguls and companies are competing for the opportunity to purchase the app.
According to The New York Times, Amazon has made a late bid to buy TikTok ahead of the app's US ban on April 5, 2025.
Throughout this process, ByteDance – a Chinese company – has yet to comment directly on the potential of a sale to a US firm. TikTok's US leadership and its CEO, Shou Zi Chew, have publicly praised President Donald Trump for his intervention but have been mostly silent since then.
3d
Digital Camera World on MSN“I’d like to see TikTok remain alive.” President Trump expects a TikTok deal to save the app from going dark (again) on April 5On this week’s episode of “The Daily Show,” Jon Stewart went after President Donald Trump for flirting with the possibility of running for a third term. Stewart opened the segment by saying he wanted to “check in on our good friend democracy,” which itself has become a political buzz word as Trump looks to increase …
President Donald Trump has signaled that he is confident his administration can broker an agreement before the looming deadline.
If TikTok isn't sold to a U.S. company by Saturday, the popular social media app will be at risk of being shutdown again.
However, key parties involved in negotiations on a potential TikTok sale “do not appear to be taking Amazon’s bid seriously,” according to The New York Times.